On March 9, 2022, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health announced the lifting of many of the remaining COVID measures, including those pertaining to masks in most settings and proof of vaccination requirements.
MEASURES BEING LIFTED
Subject to instructions, advice or recommendations from your local Public Health Authorities:
- Masks will no longer be mandated while on interior common elements;
- COVID screening notices will no longer be mandated to be posted at entrances of your condo;
- Capacity limits (both indoors and outdoors) will be lifted;
- The general 2-metre distancing requirement is being lifted – but (again) keep an eye out for instructions/recommendations From the Chief Medical officer of health and your local public health authority;
- Safety Plans will no longer be required;
- Rules applicable to meeting and events spaces as well as conference spaces are being lifted;
- The general requirement to clean and disinfect areas and equipment as is necessary to maintain a sanitary condition is also being lifted (?!) – at least as we understood it to apply under COVID requirements. Condos continue to have an expressed obligation to abide by public health advice, recommendations and instructions on cleaning and disinfecting.
MEASURES REMAINING IN PLACE
- Condos will continue to have to operate in accordance with all applicable laws, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Condos will continue to have to comply with any advice, recommendations and instructions issued by the Chief Medical Officer of health including on:
- physical distancing, cleaning or disinfecting;
- establishing, implementing and ensuring compliance with vaccination policies (to the extend these apply).
Condo Adviser has updated their COVID Tool and provide an exhaustive summary of what the Roadmap Exist Step means for condos.